- As Kachin Independence Organization (KIO) is calling on giving greater support for NUG as civil continues to escalate
- The Three Alliance force (Arakan Army, Palaung State Liberation Front and Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army) has issued statement, saying the three-brethren alliance is ready to fight if cooperation is needed
Yangon – General N’ban La, Chairman of Kachin Independence Organization (KIO) said more support for the National Unity Government is needed from all organizations formed for the revolution as the civil war is heading to a new level of escalation in a speech delivered today on the occasion of 61st Anniversary of Kachin’s revolution, 05 February 2022.
In a remarkable note, the General’s speech in Laiza headquarter highlighted three points;
- There is no political dialogue in a dictatorship only threats and killings.
- Even Aung San Suu Kyi did not recognise the Panglong Accord and failed to listen to ethnic minority groups.
- It is time to support the National Unity Government in any way possible as the revolution is heading to a new level of escalation soon.
On another note, the General added said all citizens of Myanmar understood that the window of opportunity to strike against the military junta will not last long. People who accept the opportunity shared by the military regime will always regret it in the end.
Kachin Independence Army is an armed wing of Kachin Independence Organization and has been a staunch supporter of the National Unity Government.
The Three Brethren Alliance of Arakan Army (AA), Palaung State Liberation Front (PSLF) and Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army (MNDAA) has sent commemorative letter to KIO/KIA on the 61stAnniversary of Kachin revolution against the military regime, saying they are ready if there are things needed for cooperation for the military and political matter.
A domestic political analyst, who speaks to Chindwin on the condition of anonymity, says the three brethren alliance’s statement is quite significant. So far, it is safe to say that KIA has been one of the most heavily invested ethnic groups in the spring revolution and its support is crucial to topple the military regime.
Chidwin has learned KIA has been providing People Defense Forces with military training and acting as safe haven for the National Unity Government.