(Yangon) – The junta regime’s State Administration Council sets up an organization committee to buy Russian oil in a bid to solve the energy crisis in the had a meeting with an aim to tackle the rising gasoline prices and set up the organizing Committee to purchase and distribute Russian petroleum on 01 August, according to the announcement published today.
In not a surprising move, the junta chief appointed Lieutenant General Nyo Saw to take a chairmanship role to spearhead the Committee for purchasing and distributing Russian petroleum.
Mr Nyo Saw is also chairman of Myanma Economic Holdings Limited (MEHL) – a military conglomerate.
The appointment of ten members for the Committee for purchasing Russian petroleum presents the junta’s full reliance on its cronies.
Committee members are:
- Lieutenant General Nyo Saw (Chairman)
- Thant Sin, Deputy Minister (Member)
- Min Min (Permanent member of Commerce and Trade)
- Hla Win (Director of Star High Co., Ltd)
- San Naung (Managing Director of Star High Co., Ltd)
- Win Swe (Chairman of Best Oil Co., Ltd)
- Tin Ye Win (Director General of Commerce and Trade)
- Maung Maung Naing (Managing Director of Yetagon Energy Trading Co., Ltd)
- Shwe Maw (Director General of Ministry of Energy)
- Maung Maung Kyaw (General Manager, Myanmar Economics Corporations)